This was a nice come from behind win. After the Sox put up three on JV in the third the Tigers battled back to tie.
In the top of the ninth, with two out and AJax on third, Bryan Holaday put down a bunt single that scored Jackson and gave the Tigers the lead for good. Holaday’s bunt looked like the final inning scene from Major Leagues.
- The Tigers fought back after falling behind and found a way to win.
- The Tigers scored the winning run on an unconventional play rarely seen by a Tigers team in recent history.
- Joba Chamberlain continues to get it done out of the bullpen.
- Joe Nathan recorded his fifth save.
- Not too much today.
- Rajai Davis took the golden sombrero, striking out four times and generally looking off balance all night.
Max is on the hill for tomorrow’s finale, a 2:10 EST start.
“God I love baseball.” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural