I’m not sure how many times I’ll write this in 2015 but the Tigers’ won a battle of bullpens this afternoon in Minnesota. Everyone they called on, Hardy, Nesbitt, Gorzelanny, Soria got the job done.
Starter Shane Greene was cruising until he wasn’t. He starting leaking fuel in the third then exploded in the fourth.
The Tigers could have blown this game by running themselves out of a rally in the fifth. I’m not sure sure but isn’t it taboo to make an out at third? Well, with runners at first and second, one out, and Kinsler at the plate, Andrew “Wheels” Romine decided it was a good idea to steal third. Like Miggy in game in one, he got nailed, rally over. Fortunately, the bats came alive and beat the Twins’ bullpen into a conniption after falling behind 7-4.
For all of my complaining, the Tigers got another series win.
- Miggy hit two balls into a a conniption.
- McCann had his first career HR, an inside the parker.
- Victor was 0-5 and doesn’t look good from either side of the plate.
- Wheels Romine was 4-4 but 1-3 in steal attempts (WTF).
- Kinsler flashed some leather in the 8th to turn a nice double play.
Off to KC. I hope this series doesn’t turn into basebrawl.