The Tigers took the rubber game of a big early season series this afternoon by beating White Sox starter Jose Quintana into a conniption.
Yoenis Cespedes had a monster day. He had six RBIs on a grand slam and a two run homer. Today’s game was a mirror image of yesterday’s game, it was over by the time the Sox came to bat in the top of the fourth.
Shane Greene got his third win. The Tigers are 10-2 and right now I don’t hate them.
Here are a few early season observations:
- Iggy looks great at short and even though he swings at a lot of pitches he’s pretty good at making contact.
- Miggy looks very good, defensively, at first base.
- Nick Castellanos has been flashin’ leather at third.
- Despite his miscue today, J.D. Martinez plays a pretty good right field.
- Doesn’t Miggy usually start seasons slowly?
- Victor is still hurt.
Yankee are in town tomorrow.
3 thoughts on “Tigers 9 White Sox 1”
You’re right on all points… Especially the Victor thing.. I fear this problem is going to bite them sooner or later.. Yes, he got 3 hits today but nothing hit hard… He is clearly hurting and can’t put any torque on the knees.. In spite of today the offense has struggled with him not hitting..
Well the positive I took away today was a stat they flashed on the board in the 7th. We have four guys tied for the team RBI lead with 10 the next guy has 8. I think we are deeper on offense than even I hoped….we shall see if this trend continues.
Good job by the Tigers to bounce back and get the bats going. I like the way they match up against the Yankees in the next series, too.