Yesterday, I said the Tigers deserved to be in last place.
Last night, the Tigers deserved to lose. They didn’t.
The Tigers, circa 2015, showed me a stubbornness that you usually find in contenders. That’s not to say this was a Russian Symphony. Nope. This was still my seventh grade band class. This was still a cacophony of nonsense.
However, it is early September. The season has been an abomination. The park was empty, by Tigers’ standards, and there were plenty of excuses to pack this one in and go home but they didn’t. They wouldn’t. That says something about these players and that says something about Brad Ausmus.
For this post, I have to break it down to the good, the bad, and the ugly.
The Good, nothing new here:
- J.D Martinez. There is not much more to add.
- Jose Miguel Cabrera
- Brad Ausmus for not pinch running for JMC in the 10th. I know it didn’t matter in the final outcome but it did to me.
- Drew Verhagen. He looks good out of the pen.
- Rajai Davis’ outfield play
- Bruce Rondon
- Nick Castellanos gets caught looking three times in a row, the last with the bases loaded. Get your head out of your arse. You’re not a rookie anymore.
- The Amazing Al. This experiment needs to be over.
Nebraska – God Speed!