The Tigers ended a miserable season on a positive note by taking the season finale 6-0 over the White Sox. Daniel Norris and the much maligned bullpen combined on a three hit shutout.
The 74th win of the 2015 campaign was good for a last place Central Division finish and will provide the Tigers with a top 10 draft pick next season.
Here is my Good, Bad and Ugly for the 2015 season:
- James McCann finishes the year without making an error. He has taken over the #1 catcher position
- J.D. Martinez followed up last year’s impressive year with another one finishing with 102 RBIs, not bad for a guy the Tigers got for virtually nothing.
- Justin Verlander looks like he will come back and be the Ace of Tigers staff in 2016
- Nick Castellanos had a good year at the plate. Remember this was only his second year.
- Drew VerHagen, Alex Wilson, and Blaine Hardy look like they will be competent arms out the pen
- Miggy won is fourth batting title
- Victor Martinez’s injury riddled season
- Miggy’s injury ridden power numbers
- Castellanos’s play at third base
- The inability to play as a team. No part of the team “picked up” the other
- Finishing in last place in the AL Central
- The base running – leading baseball in runners thrown out at home plate and just the overall incompetence on the base paths.
- Hitting into the most double plays in baseball
- Pitching – 28th in ERA 4.64
- Bruce Rondon being sent home
The season in over for the Tigers but I’ll still be posting throughout the post season. I’m predicting a Mets | Blue Jays World Series. I’d like to see Granderson get a WS ring.
A big Flashin’ Leather Thank You to everyone that reads and comments! I really appreciate your support!