I never thought to question the “official story” regarding the death of Jimi Hendrix. However, the older I get I realize that just about everything we hear from “official” sources is bunk. Last week in his podcast, Talk is Jericho, former WWE Star Chris Jericho, interviewed Richard Syrett. They discussed little known anomolies surrounding the death of the greatest guitar player of all time, Jimi Hendrix.
The “official” cause of death was an overdose of barbiturates causing Hendrix to choke on his own vomit.
Here are some of the anomolies:
- Red wine was in Hendrix’s lungs and hair but not in his blood. (Waterboarding?)
- Jimi didn’t drink red wine according to his friends.
- James “Tappy” Wright was Jimi’s road manager
- Mike Jeffery was Jimi’s manager and a “former” British MI-6 assassin. I put former in quotes because I’m not sure anybody is ever a “former” member of an intelligence agency.
- Jeffery was a very controlling manager. He is even suspected of planting drugs on Hendrix so he’d get in trouble and could then ride to his rescue.
- Hendrix was unhappy with Jefferey’s management and his contract with Jeffery was set to expire in a few months; Hendrix was unlikely to re-sign with him.
- Jeffery had borrowed heavily from New York Mobsters to finance the building of Electric Land Studios in New York.
- Jeffery had a life insurance policy on Hendrix.
- Hendrix was staying at a hotel with his girlfriend Monika Dannemann. However, Hendrix was found dead, alone in his room.
The theory, as relayed to Richard Sayrett by James “Tappy” Wright, is that Monika Dannemann slipped something to Jimi, so he’d pass out (barbiturates). She then goes out to get cigarettes and in comes the wet team lead by the “former” MI-6 agent/assassin Mike Jeffry, who waterboards Hendrix with red wine, essentially drowning him.
Mike Jeffery’s motive was to collect on the insurance policy to re-pay the mob the money he borrowed to finance Electric Land Studios.
On March 2nd, 2018 Rock-n-Roll Twilight Zone podcast, Richard Syrett played interview he had with Tappy Wright and Tappy says that Jeffery later admitted to him that he had killed Hendrix.
The one thing that I don’t get is what was Dannemann’s motive for assisting in the murder? I don’t get her motive unless she was threatened.