The Tigers bats, Miggy’s especially, came to life and put up eight runs. Thanks to Phil Coke, they needed seven of them to get past the White Sox 8-6.
JV was pretty good. He pitched seven complete. He allowed two earned runs on eight hits. He struck out seven and walked two.
- The Tigers offense came to life.
- Miggy was 3-5 with three RBIs.
- Alex Avila was 3-4 and didn’t strike out.
- The Tigers didn’t make an error.
- JV needed 119 pitches to get through seven innings and his eight hits allowed are a little high.
- The bullpen gave up four runs.
- The White Sox took Phil Coke behind the woodshed and beat him into a conniption. He lasted 2/3 of an inning and gave up three earned runs, two on a two run shot by Adam Dunn. This is really ugly considering Dunn in a lefty.
In the end, a win is a win, and I’m glad to have this one. I hope Miggy is back to being Miggy.
“God I love baseball.” Roy Hobbs | The Natural