The Tigers got excellent pitching and just enough offense to beat the Astros and Jarred Cosart 2-0 at Comerica Park.
- Max was smokin balls. He pitched eight complete allowed no runs, on three hits, walked one and struck out nine.
- Nathan got his sixth save.
- The Tigers won their sixth in a row.
- Vmart came up big with a solo shot in the eight to give Nathan and Scherzer a two run cushion.
- The Tigers were baffled, for the most part, by Jarred Cozart but after their 26 run out burst over the weekend we’ll take it.
- The Tigers managed only six hits.
- VMart got caught looking for the first time in almost a year.
- After looking like he was retuning to form, Miggy looked bad tonight at the plate. He was 0-4 with a K and really didn’t have many good swings.
A win is a win and the Tigers found a way to get it done. I can’t complain about six in a row.
I’m looking forward to Robby Ray’s start tomorrow. The Tigers, and especially Dave Dombrowski, really think a lot of this kid. Let’s see what he’s got.
“God I love baseball.” Roy Hobbs | The Natural