Pitching and home runs gave the Tigers a 3-2 win over the Houston Astros and made it eight in a row for the TIgers.
Freeway Rick pitched 6 and 2/3. He allowed two earned runs on seven hits, a little high, he struck out five and walked two.
Ricky turned the game over Joba Chamberlain and Joe Nathan to close the game out.
What can I say about Joba, he continues to get it done, striking out the side in the 8th.
Joba is SMOKIN BALLS!
- The Tigers got their eight in a row and 20th win of the season.
- Ricky put in another good outing.
- Joe Nathan got his seventh save.
- Joba continues to smoke balls!
- Miggy and Victor went deep.
- Rajai Davis stole his 12th base of the season and Don “DK” Kelly stole a base and got two hits.
- The Tigers managed only five hits but the Houston pitcher, Brad Peacock, had a lot to say about that. He pitched well for a bad team.
- Joe Nathan walked a runner with two outs and allowed two stolen bases but was able to strand the tying run at third.
- Not much today or lately. The Tigers have been playing pretty clean and came away with another win in a close game.
Don’t look now but Freeway Rick is 5-1 on the season. Now if he can lower his ERA by a run he might make me look like Nostradamus.
Also, I liked Miggy’s homer the opposite way, he might be rounding into his MVP form.
Smyly pitches tomorrow afternoon as the Tigers for a four game sweep and ninth in a row.
“God I love baseball.” Roy Hobbs | The Natural