After three games of the 2014 World Series the Kansas City Royals are two wins away from their second World Series crown in franchise history and first since 1985.
I know they are the Tigers’ Central Division rivals but I’m pulling for them.
I respect the Giants but they’ve won two of the last four World Series. It is time for new blood, new champions.
Watching these games I can’t help pondering the following:
- Perhaps speed and defense trump power? Maybe “Money Ball” is good for regular seasons but the A’s haven’t won a World Series in the Billy Beane era. Someone once said, ‘speed doesn’t go into a slump.
- Sark was correct, James Shields doesn’t deserve the “Big Game” moniker. In my opinion, he’s the weak link in the Royals staff.
- Maybe Ned Yost is good manager?
- Miggy had bone chips removed from his ankle and a stress fracture repaired. Basically, he was playing with a broken ankle. I’m sorry I ever complained about him.
- Does Joe Maddon’s free agency mean anything for the Tigers?
- Maybe Earl Weaver’s philosophy was right, ‘pitching, defense and three-run homers.’ The Royals are using pitching and defense. Actually, they’ve hit their share of homers this post season too.
- The Royals don’t strike out too much.
Anyway, these are just my most recent musings.
“God I love baseball.” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural