Justin Verlander deserved a better fate. He suffered his, and the Tigers, first loss of the season, but he pitched very well.
- JV looked like the Cy Young and end of 2014 JV. He pitched eight innings, allowed five hits, and two earned runs.
- The Tigers only managed one run, however after scoring 17 runs in the first two games, I can’t complain too much.
- JV only struck on three while walking two but saying this is bad is a little bit of a stretch
- Torii Hunter hit his third home run in as many games accounting for the only Tigers run.
- The Amazing Al surrendered another run and currently has 6.00 ERA.
All things considered, it was a good home stand, and even I, didn’t expect the Tigers to go 162-0. 🙂
Off to Los Angeles for a meeting with the Dodgers.
“God I love baseball” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural