The Tigers are 2-0 on this young season and the first two wins have come at the expense of the Royals, who usually seem to give the Tigers trouble.
- The Tigers won and were able to come back after new closer, Joe Nathan, blew the save.
- Ian Kinsler was 3-5 with two RBIs including his first home run as a Tiger, a solo shot to lead off the 4th.
- 2013 Cy Young winner, Max Scherzer, looks to be picking up where he left off. He pitched eight scoreless innings striking out 7 and walking only one.
- The Tigers got two plays overturned with replay.
- Joe Nathan blew his first save opportunity as a member of the Tigers.
- Miguel Cabrera took an ofer and struck out twice. He also missed an “easy” RBI chance in the 6th, grounding into a fielder’s choice with runners at the corners and one out. I’m sure Miggy will ok but this was still bad.
- Alex Avila struck out twice.
The Tigers managed only two runs. Despite the skewed numbers from the 2013 regular season, the Tigers have struggled to score consistently for the past two years, putting too much pressure on their pitching staff. It’s only two game so I won’t sound the alarm for 2014, yet.
Back at it tomorrow.
“God I love baseball.” Roy Hobbs | The Natural