Sorry, I’m a little late with this post, tax season, hopefully is finally over.
The Tigers moved to 4-0 and followed a 10 run game by putting up another 7. And in the end, they needed every one of them.
- The Tigers had another great offense outburst.
- Kinsler, Hunter, and Ajax had two hits each and my man Donny Baseball was 3-4 with a RBI and two runs scored.
- Freeway Ricky Porcello was dealing in his first start. He went 6 2/3 allowing only one run on three hits. He struck out three and walked two.
- Torii Hunter blasted his second home run in as many games.
- Evan Reed pitched an inning and a third, allowed zero runs, two hits, and one strike out.
- The bullpen. Combined, the pen surrendered five runs on seven hits in 2 1/3 innings.
- The Amazing Al pitched to only one hitter in the 9th and allowed a single to Matt Wieters.
- Joe Nathan, while recording his first save, allowed a run on two hits.
- Phil Coke. Unfortunately, Phil is starting where he left off in 2013. He recorded only one out and surrendered three runs on two hits. I’m pulling for you Phil, but the clock is ticking.
When it’s all said and done though the Tigers moved to 4-0 and the offense has looked pretty good the last few game.
“God I love baseball.” Roy Hobbs | The Natural