Max pitched well. He got through seven innings, surrendering only two runs but seemed to pitch out of trouble all night, evidenced by the eight hits he surrendered.
Unfortunately, lead off walks and wasted opportunities were the Tigers undoing.
- A Squared Money picked off Crawford in the first
- Victor came up big with a two out RBI in the 9th to tie the game after DK and Miggy failed to advance Kinsler after his lead off double
- Joba struck out the side in the 9th
- Nice steal by Davis in the first
- Ajax homer in second
- Romine, Jackson, Kinsler and Victor all flashed leather
- Hunter couldn’t get the run in from third with one out in the first
- Even though he got a hit, and swiped second to lead off the game, I didn’t like Rajai Davis swinging on 3-0, especially to lead off the game
- Miggy hit three of the softest ground balls I’ve ever seen off of his bat and struck out in the 9th with the tying run on second.
- Jackson’s throw to the plate in the 7th that Kemp scored on was an abomination.
- Kelly grounded softly to third in the 9th with Kinsler on second after a lead off double. Horrible!
- Phil Coke gave up the game winning hit. Although, in a mild defense, he inherited a lead off walk from Joba.
Back at it tomorrow for the last game of a short, two game, series with the Dodgers.
“God I love baseball.” – Roy Hobbs | The Natural