The Tigers managed only two runs on nine hits and lost to Cleveland 3-2.
Anibal Sanchez lasted only five innings, walking 4 and striking out 8. He allowed only two earned runs but needed 104 pitches to get through five complete.
- The bullpen – Evan Reed, Ian Krol, The Amazing Al, and Joba pitched four combined scoreless innings to pick up a relatively short outing for Anibal.
- Kinsler, VMart, AJax, and A Squared Money each had two hits.
- The offense could only score two runs
- Miggy’s error in the second led to an unearned run that was ultimately the difference in the game.
- The Tigers blew chances in the eighth and ninth to tie or go ahead.
- The ninth was especially ugly. A Squared Money was at third with one out but DK struck out and Rajai Davis grounded out to end the game leaving the tying run at third.
This ship needs be righted. They’ve lost four of their last six. I know it’s early but they need a big home stand. Have I mentioned the 30 year World Series Championship drought?
“God I love baseball.” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural