Behind six good innings from 2013 Cy Young winner, Max Scherzer, the Tigers earned a split with the White Sox in this four game series.
The only thing I don’t like about Max’s line, while it is hard to complain when he strikes out 10, is that he only lasted six innings. Max needed 110 pitches to get through six complete.
- The Tigers won.
- The Tigers scored in five different innings, the second, third, fifth, seventh, and eighth.
- The Tigers put up seven runs.
- Max struck out 10 and walked only one.
- Miggy had three RBIs.
- Castellanos and Holaday had two hits.
- Rajai Davis had three hits and two RBIs.
- Joe Nathan earned his 4th save without surrendering a run.
- Joba got roughed up today. He allowed two earned runs on three hits in one inning of work.
- Nothing today.
The Tigers go to Target Field for a weekend series with the Twins. Freeway Rick Porcello is on the mound in Minnesota tomorrow.