Another good effort today by the Tigers. They swept a short two game series from the White Sox via their 5-1 victory in the Windy City this afternoon.
- The pitching. Max lasted “only” six innings but he kept the Sox scoreless, striking out seven and walking three.
- Five runs should be enough to win most games.
- Bryan Holaday continues to come up big at the plate. He was 1-3 with 2 RBIs.
- Victor is still raking. He drove in two and went 1-3
- AJax had three walks. Can you imagine what his numbers will be if he walks 100 times this season.
- The Amazing Al and Joba were smokin balls out of the pen.
- Hunter, Cabrera and Castellanos each struck out twice.
- Evan Reed allowed a run in the ninth.
- The Tigers, as a team, struck out 10 times this afternoon. I hate strike outs almost as much as GIDP.
Does it seem like there are a lot of two game series this year?
Off to Kansas City.
“God I love baseball.” Roy Hobbs | The Natural
2 thoughts on “Tigers 5 White Sox 1”
Pitching, Pitching, Pitching. We haven’t hit a home run since?… I agree Joba is looking like a bargain so far. In fact all of the off-season moves have generally been acceptable… Good month considering the terrible schedule and no Miggy. Big series against KC coming up.
I refuse to be scared about Miggy (someone # me when it’s time) Glad we got this one in……..interested to see our starter against Houston…….two starts and then long relief?