to win. That is the best way I can describe the Tigers 6-5 victory over Sonny Gray and the Oakland A’s tonight.
Max wasn’t great but neither was Oakland ace Sonny Gray.
The Tigers got step-up performances from the following:
- Miggy, with his bat and glove. His play in the 9th inning to record the second out might have been as big as his homer.
- Torii Hunter, hit a solo shot with two out to tie the game at five.
- A Squared Money, with his bat and glove.
- Ian Kinsler. Although he took an ofer, He made a great running catch for the first out in the ninth.
- Joba and Joe Nathan came through and pitched clean innings to close out the game.
- Don Kelly made two nice defensive plays at third.
I’m not sure what’s wrong with the starters, but we are in the middle of two turns of the rotation, where the starting pitching looks more like an Asses Carnival than a professional pitching staff.
After Scherzer balked home the third run I heard Rod Allen mention that this was something the Tigers worked on in spring training. What exactly were they working on, how to allow runners to score from third without throwing a pitch? I’d say they’ve mastered that move. WTF?
“God I love baseball.” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural