This is looking like an old, familiar, theme. All pitching and no offense. Like most of the last few years, if the Tigers don’t get shut down pitching, they aren’t going to win.
Anibal wasn’t great, but holding the opposition to three runs, ain’t bad either. Unfortunately, the Tigers could only manage one run.
- He only lasted 6 and 1/3 but Sanchez’s outing should have been good enough.
- The bullpen. Ian Krol, Even Reed and Justin Miller shut the Sox out for 2 and 2/3.
- This offense is embarrassing. The Tigers managed only one run on five hits.
- The defense, two more errors today.
- Miggy took another ofer and is now hitting .206
I know we’re only three weeks in but, THEY’RE MAKIN’ ME MAD!!!
On another note, I just finished Bob Feller’s Little Black Book of Baseball Wisdom, and found another great quote. Feller said trying to throw a fastball by Teddy Ballgame was like trying to get a ray of sunlight past a rooster at 4:30 am.
“God I love baseball.” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural