with a little help from an old friend.
In the bottom of the third, Miggy lead off with a routine fly ball to right field. Former Tiger, Brennan “B Squared Money” Boesch, dropped the ball. Miggy eventually came around to score what proved to be the winning run.
The bigger story of course, is for the first time in 11 games, the Tigers were able to defeat the Angels, 5-2.
After surrendering a lead off home run, Max Scherzer was “smokin’ balls”. He pitched seven complete, walked two and struck out nine.
- Max Scherzer had a nice outing and the Tigers needed it.
- Joba Chamberlain was good again pitching a clean 8th inning and striking out two.
- Nick Castellanos hit his second home run of the year to put the Tigers in the lead 2-1.
- Victor and AJax each had two hits
- I’m beginning to worry about Castellanos at third. He bobbled a ground ball that was hit right to him. He got the guy at first but should have been able to turn a double play.
- Joe Nathan, although getting the save, gave up a homer to Albert Pujols.
- Brennan Boesch was not good. I’m glad he’s with the Angels. 🙂
It would be nice to take the series tomorrow. We need a big game from Freeway Rick.
“God I love baseball.” -Roy Hobbs | The Natural